Monday, October 31, 2011

Do You Need A Passport...

The 2012 Cricut Cruise is departing and arriving at the same port, Galveston Texas, so it is considered a closed-loop cruise. At this time a passport is not required for "closed-loop cruises". What this means is that if you are a citizen of the United States you can use a government-issued birth certificate and laminated government issued picture ID, denoting photo, name and date of birth (ie drivers license, military id, etc). The birth certificate MUST be a certified, meaning having the state seal. You can NOT use a copy of a birth certificate. I used this method last time and it worked okay but this time I will be obtaining a passport because there is less hassle.

On the last cruise I had to show the id when we were all getting ready to board the ship. Once they issued my card for the ship I didn't have to have the identification anymore because it is used when you re-board the ship after being docked. Anytime you leave the ship be sure to have your ship card and driver's license or other government issued identification on your person. To be on the safe side I did carry a copy of my birth certificate with me when leaving the ship and had the original locked in the safe in the cabin.

If you need to obtain a passport for the first time please visit HERE.

If you need to renew your passport, visit HERE.

If you need to replace a lost or stolen passport then visit HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment